re: tire diameter question, mark III

From: MR MERRELL WASSON (UDFP57A@prodigy.com)
Date: Mon Apr 14 1997 - 14:34:35 EDT

mike clark responded to my question about tire diameter and change on
speedometer reading with some questions of his own. i made a mistake
on my first post, the truck had 255/60/r15v goodyears mounted on 8x15
progressive wheels. i didn't change rims, my tire guy seemd to think
the 8" rims would be ok. if anybody could replay the math formulas i
need to determine where i am at, thanks. i missed those digests the
first time around. as far as problems with the mk III conversion, i
am very happy. i will say that i am a big guy, and pretty tall, so it
would be nice if there was a touch more seat travel back, and it may
be that can be remedied, but i haven't tried yet. no unusual rattles
so far. course, i live in clearwater florida, and we have good roads
here. somewhere else might be a different story.

merrell wasson