Re: '97 Dakota 1800# Load Package

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Mon Apr 14 1997 - 14:03:58 EDT

At 04:53 PM 4/14/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey Guys & Gals;
>
>I have been meaning to ask this question, but keep forgetting. I have the
>1800# load package on my 4x4. The rear brakes are larger for sure and I
>would suspect the rear leafs are beefier, not sure what was done to the
>front suspension. No complaint just that I have noticed that this thing
>has about the smoothest braking system of anything I have ever owned.
>Don't know if it has anything to do with the load package, any comments
>from anyone else?
>
>No grabbing, jerking, pulling, vibration, you just stop when they are
>applied. (BTW I have 4WAL)
>
>L. John Morris<ljohn@alltel.net>
>!!!!! ... your local *HEMI* owner ...!!!!!
>'97 SLT+ CC 4x4
>5.2L, 5spd, 3.92SG

Lucky you... that package wasn't available when I ordered mine ... I wanted
it, though it probably doesn't make much difference (300 lbs), but I liked
the idea of larger rear brakes.

You didn't say whether you have 4 wheel ABS. I chose the 2 wheel ABS and
am quite happy with it... and
yes the braking is very smooth.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com