Loose Shifter -Reply

From: Jason B. Bleazard (jmbleazard@xactware.com)
Date: Tue Apr 15 1997 - 17:44:47 EDT

I have the same problem on my 95 (also a V6). I thought it was because
the previous owner had put a custom shift knob in, and then pulled it off
and kept it when he traded in the truck. When I got it, there was no knob,
just threads. The only knob I could find (after coming up empty in three
parts stores) is made out of rubber and I haven't been able to tighten the
shaft, because it'll strip out my knob first. I would also be interested if
anyone out there knows how to tighten it.

On another note, does anyone know where I can get a better shift knob?
Maybe even one with the Dodge logo on it? I suppose I could call the
parts department at the dealer and ask them, but I thought as long as I was
sending this someone might know off the top of their head.

Thanks.

>>> Carl Thompson <carltom@magicnet.net> 04/15/97 03:20pm >>>
I have a 97 Dakota Sport V6 5speed. I am having problems with the shifter
coming loose.(not the knob) I am afraid to over tighten because I might strip
out or crack the threads. Has anyone else had this problem or know of the
best way to tighten the shifter?

Thanks

Carl Thompson carltom@magicnet.net http://www.magicnet.net/~carltom