Re: K&N clone

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Wed Apr 16 1997 - 10:20:24 EDT

*snip*
> Excuse me but if a throttle body or carb is rated for 650cfm then all the
> air cleaners in the freakin world aren't going to increase this past
> 650cfm. Only a turbo or supercharger forcing air through will increase
> past that mark.

        Yet, given the rating for 650cfm or the like, you probably aren't
getting that much flow with every setup... (like the sock around the
stock aircleaner)... So, ideally the more open the element, the more
flow... Why do so many drag racers run with NO aircleaner?? Given
that, why do so many run shaker hoods/aka-Ram air?? So increases
are possible...To prove it, I'm going to put an extra AC vent next to my
K&N to see what happens ! :P

        ..Sam '95 SLT