Rusting Chrome Bumpers

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Wed Apr 16 1997 - 12:23:00 EDT

>> Anyone out there had problems with rust on the chrome rear bumper on
>> there SLT. My brother in law has one and has had the rear bumper
>> replaced once and rust is coming back. Told him he should have bought
>> the sport !!

>I have a 94 that within 6 months had both bumpers and 4 rims replace
>because of the chrome rusting. In fact the front bumper was replaced a
>second time within about a month because the replacement started
rusting.
>Very poor quality chroming process.

I, too, have had three rims replaced under warranty due to poor chroming.
 I've also had the two license plate light brackets on the rear bumper
replaced because they were rusting out. I have looked at the inside of
both of my bumpers and the rust is quite prevalent on the inside, but
hasn't worked its way out yet... I figure I've got over a year left on my
3/36 (depending on how much I drive), so if it gets a lot worse, I'll
have the bumpers replaced too... Since I had the rims replaced, I've had
no problems with rust on the wheels, FYI.

Ciao!

Ned Vogler
(nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Catback Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone
MSD Ignition & MPI Super Street TBI soon!