Re: They skipped Mopar!

From: Scott Vieth (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Wed Apr 16 1997 - 10:33:41 EDT

> In the same vein as the "they skipped '96" thread, I was flipping
> through my recently received Summit catalog checking out all the cool
> toys.
>
> What gives? The vast majority of the stuff in there is for Ford
> and GM!! Every now and again there is a reference to Chrysler, or
> to the Ram, but that's few and far between! Does Mopar not exist for
> these people? Do we not buy cars?? I know... Mopars are already so
> fast, that we don't *have* to upgrade them, right? These places just
> exist to move Ford and Chevy pigs up to our standards, right? :)
>
> I don't get it. :P
>
> Someone else mentioned this earlier in relation to MSD (sorry, I
> forgot who). Ford and Chevy get nice kits, we have to cut our own
> wires. :P
>
> -Jon-
=========

Chill, Jonster!!!! :^)

Any part that you can get from your local Dodge parts counter can also be had
through Summit. They just don't advertise them. For example, my Magnum valve
covers came from Summit but you sure don't see them in the catalog.

Do your shopping in the Mopar Performance parts catalog and then call Summit
(or Jegs).

As for 3rd party people building stuff for the Magnums, Chevy Small Block
engines are just sooo cheap to work with that everyone wants to sell Chevy
parts. Same thing for Ford 5-point-slow Pusstangs. Every has one so the parts
are pretty cheap.

You'd be having the same conniption right now if you had just purchased a
classic Pontiac vehicle. The Poncho parts always cost more than their
counterpart Chebby parts. But both cars came from The General.
Makes you wonder....

-Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv

'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, 5.2L/5-spd