Re: dakota rims

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Wed Apr 16 1997 - 22:26:26 EDT

Frank Ball wrote:

> & Does anybody know the width of the rims that come with the '97 sport
> & package? I've only got the 215 75R15 Invicta GL's right now.
> &
> & What I want to do is put as large (Diameter) tires on the back wheels as
> & possible. I know it will throw off the speedo, as a matter of fact,
> & that's what I want to do. Plus, It'll give me a nice rake :)
>
> If they are the five spoke type with the cover over the lug nuts, like is
> used on the non-sport 2WD they are 7" wide (does anybody know what the
> offset is? 5" or 5.5"?). The wheels without the lug nut cover, like
> those that come on the 4WD are 8" wide (with 5.5" offset).
>
> 275/60-15s might fit on the back. The Dunlop page gives the data for the
> GT Qualifier tire in this size on a 7.5" wide rim, so 7" is pretty close.

        I scored a set of brand new (3 day out) stock rims off a guy
today...FREE! Got them at the Discount Tire while I was having a screw/
nail take out of my tire... The guy with the '97 Dakota (4 cyl) got new
rims, and put the stock rubber onto the new rims... I asked what he was
going to do with the old rims... He said "do you want them? Take 'em."

        Now when I got home, I read on the rim 15X7, when I measure the
width I get 8" outside-outside edge, and 7" inside-inside lip... So
what's the REAL measurement???

        ..Sam '95 SLT