Re: dakota rims

From: Jeffrey Misner (jbmisner@mtu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 17 1997 - 01:33:41 EDT

Sam, Nice break on the rims! Boy, days like that don't come around often.
I think the measurement is the inside to inside measurement (7") because
that's going to be the maximum width of the tire when you put it on.
(When I mean maximum, I mean the widest point where the tire meets the
wheel. The tire will bulge out slightly, so the actual widest part of the
tire is not where the tire meets the rim).
        Anyway, thanks for the info, now all I have to do is find me some
32"ers that'll fit on my 7" (wide) wheel!

-Jeff Misner
'97 Sport CC, 5.2L, 3.55, auto