Re: They skipped Mopar!

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 17 1997 - 09:27:09 EDT

<< I like
 the dakota very much as a truck, but as a sports car, the dakota will never
 be a Mustang! >>

Certainly wouldn't want it to be, and I don't believ too many folks are road
 racers with their Daks but 1/4 mile and red light runners and with all the
hype on the older Mustangs (new ones we don't need to soup up the Daks to
whip) then they are the one to pick on. When you can take a 4000 lb truck and
blow the doors of a moderately souped up 3000 lb Mustang with very little
mods to the truck then as far as I'm concerned The Dakota is one hell of a
truck. And it is just a ball watchin the jaws of them Mustang owners drop as
they check out the tailgate of a Dakota, club cab at that. The mustangs were
something in their day, when there wasn;t much else affordable out there to
compare them to but the new ones with the B/S engines are dogs (15.7s). I
really enjoy kickin the butts of them $28,000 Saleen's, they really look good
in the rear view mirror.