Re: They skipped Mopar!

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 18 1997 - 17:27:07 EDT

<< I'm not knocking mustangs, my friend had a 91 LX, roll cage,
 SCCA setup, etc.. It was a 5 speed, it flew, and handled like a slot
 car >>

Yep they fly alright, Ask the NY State Police. They had a few but only those
who had special training on how to survive driving one could drive them. Then
they could only drive them on dry days and only on the interstates and even
then the wrecked most of them. They would cut through the mediam to persue a
speeder and bend the frames (unibody or whatever) and then couldn't get the
doors open. They were in hot persuit 120 mph on the NY thruway and caught a
gust of wind and the car picked up and flipped over backwards. They now have
Camaros with 120 mph speed limiters on them.

Hey did anyone see the Motor Trend Magazine article July 1995 "No Speed
Limits" Cool article, check it out...They tested 16 cars with the
qualifications of under $50,000 and had to run over 140 MPH. The included
Honda Vtec 140 mph, Saab 900 Turbo 141 mph, Mazda Millenia 142 mph, Nissan
Maxima 142 mph, Toyota MR2 Turbo 144 mph, Cadillac Eldorado Coupe and Seville
Touring sedan 148 mph, Volvo 850 T-5p wagon 152 mph, Chevy Camaro Z28 155
mph, Pontaic Trans Am 157 mph.
In the side articles "the $1.98 speed secret" they took a Mustang Cobra which
could only muster up 137 mph and took off the wipers and duct taped up the
whole front of the car for more arodynamics and pumped the tires to 45 psi
and it hit 140 mph but they wouldn't let it in the test all taped up like
that. No Fords made the test, but I thought they were fast? Ahh just take a
old Nissan Maxima 4dr sedan and dust them off.. hahahahahahahahaha

The Dakota would have made it but they wouldn't let trucks in the test...