Re: They skipped Mopar!

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 19 1997 - 13:26:25 EDT

<< * That's the weight of an avenger without the added weight of sticking in
 a V-8, or a heavier transmission, and beefing up the frame to handle the
 extra power. >>

Statistics are fine but not always the vehicle with the best statistics wins
the race. Take the old 340 Darts and Cuda, 275 HP 3200 # blowin the doors off
the 396 375 HP Camaros, the 383 RR, the 440 GTX's, anything Ford made. In
fact they had a Pure Stock 340 Cuda auto with 3.91 SG (1969) at Niagra Drag
Strip in Niagar Falls, NY that was "F" pure stock and jumped classes to "A"
pure stock and won. I do not hold a lot of faith in obvious statistics but
rather in the actual results, which we can not prove here as the Avenger does
not exist. But interesting thoughts and interesting thread.

<<<> Now even a 1000 lbs more I still kill em and the 4.6 Mustang easy.

Well, According to your profile, you've got NOS. If the 'stang had NOS,
i'd be bye bye dakota.

> Now the 305 HP Camaro is a little more fun but still about 1/2 - 2/3 sec
> slower than my Dak.

Again, Camaro+NOS = heck of alot faster than dakota+NOS>>>

Don't need to open the bottle for the 4.6 Mustangs, The best run I have seen
them make was 15.6 something Dak run's low 15's high 14's without NOS. All
this is probably true about the NOS on theirs but I haven't run into any but
I would like to see some and how well they could do with street tires and
all. I'll tell ya for the cost of NOS and the resulting increase, it is hard
to come up with a more cost effective boost unless you needed more power all
the time. I am not much of a street racer, to much at stake, and do not run
the NOS in race events at the track, but for the cost and effect I have it
for special occasions and to kick butt when necessary. I hate to harrass
someone else if I do not believ that I can back up what I harrass about. I
give it my best shot and if I loose, I loose. Boy it is a lot of fun dusting
some of those super cars with a CC Truck.

<<Even though the avanger would be slower than the mustang,>>
Stock 5.2 vs stock 4.6 , I would have to disagree. 1000# less than my truck
and I can whip them easy, nope I'd bet on the Avenger. Now get a 305 HP 4.6
and kick the 5.2 to 305 also and I'd still bet on the Avenger..

<<Jeff Misner
'97 Sport CC, 5.2L, 3.55, auto (Unfortunately)>>

Why auto unfortunately? We went through this a while back about 5 spd vs
Auto, did you see those messages? I have the auto and love 5 speeds but not
for racing. For consistency the auto wins out, I would not even look at NOS
with a 5 speed unless you could GUARANTEE no missed shifts.

Bill