Re: Running boards?

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Sat Apr 19 1997 - 13:24:08 EDT

On Fri, 18 Apr 1997 21:59:35 -0400, you wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions about molded running boards?
>
> I'd like to get something like on the Mark III Dakotas. I checked
>with the dealer once and they said $550 installed.

        That is a big problem with Mopar parts. Every time I have went
to buy them, they are expensive and I have to argue with the parts guy
about the price. Take the tow hooks I just picked up, They are listed
at $160.00, and the bozo tried to charge me $200.00!!! (I got them for
$160.00 and will install them tomorrow, pictures will be posted.) The
thing is, the Mopar stuff is really well thought-out. It is made for
the truck and fits with no problems at all, the down-side is sky-high
pricing.
        Just flipped through my Four-Wheeler mag, Lund has a new Dak
all tricked out with all of their stuff. They had some nice step on it
also.

        Steve