Re: Smooth=better? Was: Email is back (I hope)

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 20 1997 - 05:26:43 EDT

<< Golf balls are dimpled so they go farther. Apparently, air passing
 over a smooth golf ball creates a lot more friction than air passing
 over a dimpled one. This logic would seem to be the opposite of making
 stuff smooth to increase airflow. If the friction goes up, the airflow
 would have to go down, wouldn't it? >>

Four !!

Farther or faster? Maybe we should dimple the bodies of the Daks but only if
it makes them faster.. Strange, often wondered why they were dimpled.

Bill