Re: Mopar Bed Mats?

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Mon Apr 21 1997 - 08:25:31 EDT

At 11:49 PM 4/20/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm sure this topic has been tossed around before, but...
>
>Has anyone put a Mopar rubber bed mat in a '97 yet? If so, how do you
>like it? Are there holes through which you can reach the "integrated"
>tie downs? Thanks!
>
>John Youngblood - 97 CC V8 3.55 SG - I'm picking it up on Friday! :)
>

>John:

I purchased a lovely thick aftermarket mat for my 97 (same fit a 96 by the
way) and after two weeks noticed rust spots on the box of the truck. The
mat was made from old tires and they never removed the steel belt material
which started to rust. Luckily, there was not significant scratches in the
paint. But with use, there would have been. CC offers a rubber mat, it is
quite light and 50% more expensive.

I returned the mat and installed a plastic liner.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, British Columbia
Canada