paint

From: Lisa Thomas (lthomas@bv.net)
Date: Tue Apr 22 1997 - 22:14:43 EDT

A fellow Dakota owner sent me here. Maybe someone can guide me in the
right direction? I am the owner of a 93 Dakota Sport. I have been fairly
satisfied with it until the $2.00 factory paint job began peeling off
making way for rust! I purchased this truck "new" and spared no
expences; rust proofed and armor protection for paint. When I took it in
to be looked at last summer, my dealership paint and body rep asked me
where I had it painted after I bought it. To be short ,warranty is out
and all Chrysler is willing to do is make a 50% of cost "good faith
offer" which = $650.00. Why should I have to come up with $650.00
because they do a crap job painting? If this were fault of my own I
would have no problem with the $. Where do I go from here? Anyone know of
a class action suit in this matter? All help will be greatly appreciated.
 Thank you.