fwd: Re: Weird

From: Bryan Houchins (bhouchins@ti.com)
Date: Wed Apr 23 1997 - 12:38:22 EDT

I had (still have) similiar experiences with my 96 dakota. Every once
and a while, about once every two weeks, I'll be at a stop light and
when I start to go, I'm stuck in 2nd gear. The overdrive light also
does not work when this happens. I move the gear shift around but
it does not fix the problem. I have to stop turn the truck off and back
on and it works fine. I've gone to two different dodge dealers about
it and they say they can't do anything about it because as for as they
can tell nothing is wrong. They told me to wait till it breaks and then
bring it in. That makes me feel good knowing my truck could break down
in rush hour traffic at anytime.

Bryan

------------------
Original text

From: RBusch1@aol.com, on 4/23/97 9:31 AM:
To: samp@cts.com, dakota@ait.fredonia.edu

Talk about coincidence, I had a very similar problem to the one that you
described
while on my way to work this morning.
When I pulled the switch to turn on my parking lights, the high beam
indicator and the turn signal indicators all turned on and the tach went up
about 1000 rpm.
I quickly turned the switch off because I didn't quite know what was
happening!
I tried again after a couple miles and the same thing happened again, quickly
turned the switch off again because I didn't want to get stranded, needed to
get to work.
After getting to work, about 10 miles, I parked the truck, left it running
and turned on the lights, everything worked fine! I am completely baffled! If
it is the SBEC I hope the thing starts when I go out at lunchtime. If it
doesn't run or something else happens I will let everyone know!
Any help with this problem, anyone with similar experiences, would be greatly
appreciated!

Rich Busch (RBusch1@aol.com)
'93 Dakota CC V6 5spd K&N Filter