Re: Weird -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 23 1997 - 11:30:19 EDT

Rich wrote:
When I pulled the switch to turn on my parking lights, the high beam
indicator and the turn signal indicators all turned on and the tach
went up about 1000 rpm.
- Rich Busch (RBusch1@aol.com)
'93 Dakota CC V6 5spd K&N Filter

Rich, I had a similar problem with my truck once. It turned out to
be the ground wire coming off the negative post of the battery that
is grounded to the body. What had happened was the connection wasn't
making very good contact, and when I turned on something (radio. .
.which pulls quite a bit of power since I have 1200 watts in amps in
the truck), everything went nuts. The oil pressure guage would go
all the way to the high side (and stay there when you turned the
truch off), the tach would jump between 0 and 3,000 at idle (even
though the motor never changed rpm's), and the speedometer would
screw up too. All I did was sand the corrosion off the body where
the ground wire was screwed into it and clean up the end of the
wire's connector and no more problems. Hope this helps.

- Rob Cobb 93 V8 LE 2wd swb
s0042745@cedarville.edu