Re: Seat Belts

From: Sean P Meldrum (Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com)
Date: Thu Apr 24 1997 - 07:07:52 EDT

     My driver's side belt does the same thing. I thought I read that this
     has been an ongoing problem in Dakotas. I'll have to check the
     passenger side.

     As for the fuel consumption I'm gettin' the same mileage with almost
     the same driving conditions except I've got a heavy right foot.

     Sean
     '97 318/5spd/3.55SG/Edelbrock-K&N FIPK clone
     MSD 6A ignition awaiting install
     sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

 Hi,

 I've got a 1997 Dakota 4X4 SLT+ and just recently noticed that the
drivers side seat belt will lock if pulled rapidly, but the passenger side seat
belt won't. I did verify that if I brake forcefully, both belts lock as they
should. Has anyone else noticed if there passenger side seatbelt doesn't lock
up if you just pull it rapidly?

 For the fuel consumption conversation, my Dakota has about 5500 miles
on it, I've got the V8, extended cab, 4X4, and the 31X10.5 tires, and I'm
averaging 15.0 M/G. Its about 1/2 highway and 1/2 city driving with a 50 mile
round trip commute daily.

thanks for any info that can be offered
steve

Steven T. Sciavolino