Re: Maintenance Blues

From: Jeffrey Misner (jbmisner@mtu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 24 1997 - 12:16:01 EDT

I know, this is a dakota group, but I had a simailar problem with my
(trade in!) 1990 Chevrolet Beretta GTZ (Quad-4). To get at the starter,
the intake manifold needed to be removed, along with: A/C compressor, oil
filter and the oil dipstick. It cost me $150 (just for the labor) to get
the $90 starter installed. If I would have had either the 2.5L four or
the 2.8-3.1 v-6, the mechanic told me the labor would've been $5.

I won't even say how hard it is to replace the back three spark plugs on
my Fiero GT!

Anyway, Glad to hear you got the starter in though!

Jeff Misner
'97 CC, Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto