Re: Maintenance Blues

From: J B Cleary (bcleary@interlog.com)
Date: Thu Apr 24 1997 - 13:19:59 EDT

My hats off to you for trying this one. I too had a flakey starter on my 89 Sport although it lasted 270000km. It finally got unbareable (sometimes 10 to 100 turns of the key to get it to turn over). It was cold and miserable outside so I bit the bullet and took it to the dealer as I definitly was not up to that job. Anyway, cost me $380 Canadian for a rebuilt installed (twice as the first one was defective out of the box!). I hate spending that kind of money on something I probably could do myself but it looks well worth it for this job!
Brian Cleary
bcleary@interlog.com
 ----