Fw: Mopar Performance Parts Catalog

From: Brian Cleary (bcleary@interlog.com)
Date: Fri Apr 25 1997 - 18:30:33 EDT

 ----
From: Brian Cleary <bcleary@interlog.com>
To: Dakota <dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu>
Date: April 24, 1997 7:16 PM
Subject: Mopar Performance Parts Catalog

Just me here. My brother-in-law just gave me the Performance parts book and was surprised to find how many upgrade parts are available for the pre-magnum engine! Since my engine will be hitting 300000km's soon I have been interested in rebuilding it
Does anyone know if the 3.9v6 Stage III package will work on the TBI computer controlled engine? (obviously minus the 4 barrel and manifold). According to the book this could net more that a 50% increase in horsepower to my crumby (but reliable) V6!
For those without the book, the Stage III package consists of a .430/450 cam, HP valve springs and retainers, backcut valves, headers plus I'll do a complete rebuild and machine work.
What I'm not sure of is what the computer might think of this or would it even matter.
I haven't priced any of these parts out. It may be cheaper to shoe horn a V8 in there! Just curious if this would work.

Brian Cleary
bcleary@interlog.com