Re: Pics of my truck

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Fri Apr 25 1997 - 14:05:54 EDT

At 04:35 PM 4/25/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Man, I don't get it! Seems like half the people in the
>Dakota mailing list with new (or nearly new) Dakotas are
>in college. Gee. Back when I was in college, I drove
>a rusty 72' Datsun B210. No wonder I didn't get many
>dates! Ah yes! I can see it now, cruisin' down the
>snowy streets of Potsdam NY in January in my
>(yet-to-arrive) 97 4x4 SLT+ (dark blue). All the good
>lookin' girls needing a ride downtown flag me down.
>"Sorry, only room for 6 in this club cab, unless you
>want to ride in back!".
>
>sigh.....
>
>--
>+-------------------------------------------------+
>| Chip Maurer Digital Equipment Corporation |
>| chip@unx.dec.com 200 Route 9 North |
>| (908) 577-6195 Manalapan, NJ 07726 |
>+-------------------------------------------------+

Chip:

I know exactly what you mean. When I was in University I drove a 1962
Volkswagon beetle .... didn't have any trouble getting the girls into it. :)

But, soon as I graduated I bought a brand, spanking new 1974 Datsun Pickup
(the Dakota of it's day)...$3400. Wore the tires out in 15,000 miles ...
guess Toyo tires weren't so good in those days.

But, I don't have any young nubiles flagging my Dakota down for a ride ....
must be the truck, can't be the driver. Don't get your hopes up. :)

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, British Columbia
Canada