Re: 2100RPM at 70, not 2150

From: Dan Myers (waterfn@pacbell.net)
Date: Mon Apr 28 1997 - 23:32:40 EDT

Brian Sessons wrote:

> Jeff & Bill-
> I have a 97 V8 CC 4 wheel drive with 3.55 gears, an automatic transmission,
> and 31x10.5 tires and my engine is turns exactly 2,000 RPM's at 70 MPH.

I am curios about this tire size and gear ratio, I run 255/60/15 with
3:55 gears, I run at 2000rpm at 70 my tires are'nt 31" tall so how can I
be turning the same rpm as you. how far off is one of our speedo's?
also anyone know how to tell if you have a suregrip in the rear without
a teardown. Thanks Dan