Re[4]: supercharge it!!

From: Sean P Meldrum (Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 1997 - 07:40:10 EDT

     I didn't mean to say that I thought nitrous was unsafe. It's like you
     said, 'follow the instrucions and you'll have no problems'. It's just
     that a supercharger won't blow the top half of your motor off if you
     do something stupid. I'd pick nitrous over a supercharger any day.
     "Lethal Speed thru Chemistry" is my motto.

     Are you using a retard unit with your nitrous? I've always read that
     it's advised to retard the timing about a degree or so for every 50hp
     of juice.

     Also, Alan mentioned that a '94 and up system is $1000 and required a
     new intake? I'm in the dark on this one. Is it the returnless fuel
     injection? Why can't the stock intake be used? Enlighten me please!
     I want to spray my '97 eventually!

     *********************97 Dakota Sport************************
     * *
     * sean meldrum Email: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com *
     * *
     * Black, reg. cab, 2wd, 318, 5spd, 3.55 SG, FIPK clone, *
     * MSD 6A and Blaster coil awaiting installation. *
     * *

<< If you've got the dough, Dave, superchargers definitely deliver and
      they're safer than the nitrous >>

From what I read in the mags on superchargers I would have to question the
safer than Nitrous. I did a lot of research before buying Nitrous (NOS Kit)
and am convinced that NOS is a quality safe unit. You need only do one thing
"Follow directions" As NOS people say you put it on and follow directions you
will have no problems. I am very happy with it and no problems so far due to
the nitrous.. I have read articles on the Superchargers where they create a
severe heat problem under the hood and you need to have the boost reardt set
up and this and that. You can figure $4000 easily. The other thing with NOS
is you can take it back off in maybe a hour with nothing obvious that it was
on there, good point for warrantee work if necessary. They do recomend that
with autos that you should install a shift kit to ease the extra strain on
the tranny. I would not want it on a standard shift. I have been kicking it
in at 3000 (can't keep traction under 3000) and when you hit the switch it is
instant 5000 and your gone.. Amen

Bill