Re: Dual out the back setup

From: Sean P Meldrum (Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 1997 - 08:19:38 EDT

     The bad part about the glasspacks is that they burn out after awhile
     and you end up with a straight pipe anyway. Of course, as cheap as
     glasspacks are you could afford to replace 'em easy enough if they
     burned out. I'm lookin' at the 'no muffler' route myself. I'm going
     to remove the stock setup from just before the muffler back and
     install a length of pipe and a turndown to see how it sounds/performs.
      I'll decide on duals out the back (or out each side before the tire)
     after that.

     *********************97 Dakota Sport************************
     * *
     * sean meldrum Email: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com *
     * *
     * Black, reg. cab, 2wd, 318, 5spd, 3.55 SG, FIPK clone, *
     * MSD 6A and Blaster coil awaiting installation. *
     * *

My local muffler shop said they would put a dual out the back system on my
97 for about $250. What they usually do is to attach a 'Y' after the cat
and fab the rest, NO muffler of any kind! He said sometimes people come
back saying it's too loud and they a straight through glasspack. Has
anyone run their truck right out the back from the cat? Wouldn't this be
too loud? I'm thinking of going with the glasspack right away. Anything I
should be aware of with a setup like this??

Keith Wanderi
Deluxe Corporation
keith.wanderi@fsg.deluxe.com