Re: No Muffler -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 30 1997 - 22:41:59 EDT

Keith R Wanderi wrote:
I really want some kind of high flow muffler that tones it down as I
don't want the noise either, just didn't know what other people have
tried. I like my truck fairly quiet, but would love a subtle
rumble...

I've got a 93 V8 with a 3" cat-back using a Super Turbo (Dynomax?)
muffler. It has a low rumble at idle, sounds good going into the
high rpm's, and it also not EXTREMELY loud. True, my fiance can hear
me start the thing up when I'm going to come over to her dorm and
pick her up (she lives about 300 yards from where I park my truck),
but she also knows what to listen for. . .she knows what a real truck
with a real motor sounds like. :)

Question. . .what year did Dodge switch to the 2 1/2"??? pipe going
to the cat? Or, is it still a 3"? I've got the sewer pipe-size
thing running the length of my truck. I might not have the low-end
of you guys with the 2 1/2" pipe, but in the upper revs I can
flat-out go. . .

- Rob Cobb 93 V8 LE 2wd swb auto
s0042745@cedarville.edu