new purchases -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 30 1997 - 22:27:26 EDT

Gregg wrote:
"Next week after I see if I get the job I want this summer, I am
gonna lower it with Eibach springs, AIM blocks and Doestch shocks. 1
3/4 in the front and three in the back."

Gregg, don't forget to go have the truck's front end aligned after
you drop it using the springs. Otherwise you'll eat your front tires
up fast. I dropped mine 1 1/2" in front using the shorter/stiffer
springs and 1 inch in back using blocks about 1 1/2 years ago. I ran
it for about 1 1/2 weeks before I had the thing lined up. . . by the
time I got it lined up the tires had worn something like 2 or 3/32
more on the inside from running like this / \ .

You'll notice a BIG difference in handling after you put the springs
on. Are you also going to throw on front and rear sway bars?
They'll help out handling even more. Trust me, after the springs,
blocks, and bars my truck went through corners like it was on rails.

Just my 2 cents. . .

- Rob Cobb 93 V8 LE 2wd swb auto
s0042745@cedarville.edu