Re: Re[4]: supercharge it!!

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu May 01 1997 - 21:42:31 EDT

<< I didn't mean to say that I thought nitrous was unsafe. It's like you
      said, 'follow the instrucions and you'll have no problems'. It's just
      that a supercharger won't blow the top half of your motor off if you
      do something stupid. I'd pick nitrous over a supercharger any day.
      "Lethal Speed thru Chemistry" is my motto.

      Are you using a retard unit with your nitrous? I've always read that
      it's advised to retard the timing about a degree or so for every 50hp
      of juice.

      Also, Alan mentioned that a '94 and up system is $1000 and required a
      new intake? I'm in the dark on this one. Is it the returnless fuel
      injection? Why can't the stock intake be used? Enlighten me please!
      I want to spray my '97 eventually!

If I run the stock computer I do not need the retard but I have the MP
computer And have a MSD with Multi-step retard. I have not tried it yet but
have it set to retard 7 degrees at NOS. I used a Snap-On Diagnostic computer
on both computers and at WOT stock had 26 degree and MP had 32 thus I went 1
more and retard 7. The problem is I switch from Mobil 93 to Sunoco ?. I
filled it up twice with what I thought was 94 but when I paid with the credit
card the slip both times said regular??? I am going to run it out and go back
to Mobil before trying the NOS, may even boost the octane a little. The only
2 things I did during the winter was the MSD and switch gas. I went to drags
last night and lost a 1/2 second someplace. Was running 14.9's and 15.0's end
of last year but ran 15.5's all night last night. Ran the bracket and 4 of us
left I red lighted, had to spot a ford 1.3 seconds and those spots on a tree
where I can see both lights screw me up. I had lousy reaction times and lousy
60' times (seemed to have more spin that last year) I am going to go back to
Mobil 93 and try again before looking elsewhere also amy unhook Computer and
hook back up at the drags to reprogram it and see if maybe just programed for
normal use. Last year before MSD I had both computers mounted and switched
between them. It may just need to be drag programed.. They had a 97 Black V8
with 3.91 SG, flowmaster set up and a cool ram air deal (guy said cost him
$6) 5 speed and SB, best run was 16.03 at 85 mph most were 16.20's and 30's.
He said he is going to let his wife drive it next week, he also has a 70 340
Dart that runs 11's. My biggest surprise of the night was my son running his
97 Neon Sport, he run 8 runs between 16.13 and 16.19 at 86 mph, this was dead
stock with a 5 speed and no expierience. There were 3 Neon ACR's with the
best run of 16.59. Needless to say he was thrilled and I surprised

I left another reply about the regulator deal as I understand it

Bill.