Re: Spanked a Z/28?

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Thu May 01 1997 - 22:22:01 EDT

Scott Vieth wrote:

> The Dakotas are nice but they will get chewed-up by 4th gen Z28s.

Very true Scott, but consider the following. Put an equivalent size cam,
throttle body, computer and exhaust in the Dakota and then who wins?
Right now, I have the MP computer, March pulleys, stock manifolds with
single 3" exhaust, stock puny cam and I am running 14.70s@93.4mph. I
race often at the Texas Motorplex and now the new Z28s are barely able
to clip me. The crane 2030 cam and ss Throttle body coupled with
pivoting traction bar setup should catapult me into the 13s easily. I
plan on keeping the single exhaust and stock manifolds just to humiliate
them more every time I raise the hood after beating them.;-) After I
clean up the Z28s, the corvettes are next! Oh yea, I paid 14,100 for my
truck and I pay $50 a month for full coverage. How much is an Fbody and
insurance? On a funny note, I recently encountered a gentleman who owned
a Z28. He approached me at the Computer City parking lot to pay me
compliments on my truck. His best friend apparently has a V8 Dak that he
has been unable to shake during repeated races. He told me he was going
to sell the Z and buy a Dak. This made my evening.

Andre Mauboussin