Re: Spanked a Z/28?

From: Scott Vieth (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Thu May 01 1997 - 14:34:16 EDT

Steve wrote:

> I did spank him Carl...
>
> The setting was this....side by side at a light, the Chevy was
> looking over my truck then gave the ol' revs, wanting to race. I
> obliged him as the light went green I got him with two things, I
> dropped the hammer way faster than he did, and he lost a car lenght
> due to wheel spin.

> The roadwas wide open in front of us, on the very outskirts of
> town. he was trying, very hard too. His was a automatic, and he did
> not know which gears he had, or if he had a posi. I think not, because
> I drove by the skid marks today, and only saw one. I have a five
> speed, (with a 4.01 to 1 first gear) and 3.90 gears with a trak-lok
> diff. I used to race here in our local brackets, on grudge nights with
> my 69' 396 Camero. I know a little about racing and Camero man didn't,
> as proved by his loss. I am sure you have know someone with a hot car
> that did not know how to drive it. I'll agree with you that I should
> not have won, given a good driver, but I did.....
>
> Steve

You used to own a vintage muscle car but you don't even know how to
spell the model? This doesn't lend a lot of credibility to your
story.

You admitted that you beat the guy because he panicked and roasted
his tires. I don't think that counts as a kill. If he would have
hooked-up, you'd remember nothing but Camaro (note the spelling)
tail lights.

The Dakotas are nice but they will get chewed-up by 4th gen Z28s.

=Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv
'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, Magnum V8/5-spd, Gibson cat-back, FIPK-clone