Re: MP SBEC for '96 Ram 5.9L

From: Tom McCabe (mccabet@megsinet.net)
Date: Fri May 02 1997 - 13:59:24 EDT

> Well, according to rumors, June is the date for the '96 5.2 MP SBEC. The
> 5.9 SBEC that's available now is for 5.9 automatics *only*. This

I am just thinking ... How much difference can there be between the Ram
SBEC and the Dakota SBEC. If they are plug compatible then one should
be able to install the 5.9L SBEC in a 5.2L Dakota.

Since the only difference between the two engines are bore and stroke,
this of course, changes the fuel requirements. The 5.9L would require
more fuel, when the 5.2L uses less fuel. I would think more fuel on the
5.2L would also reduce the pinging characteristics of the MP SBEC.
Since the chrysler SBEC uses a speed density system, and with the
capability to the SBEC to alter it's data to a particular engine
function, I would think this swap would work.

I propose keeping the original injectors and throttle body. As one adds
more performance parts requiring more airflow, then the injectors and
Throttle Body can be upgraded.

Any Comments??

---
Tom McCabe
mccabet@megsinet.net
'96 Dakota Extended Cab SLT, 5.2L, Auto, SG, Gibson Cat-Back Exhaust