Re: Re[4]: supercharge it!!

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri May 02 1997 - 20:32:37 EDT

<< If I ever get crazy enough and add nitrous to the truck I'll invest in
      a nitrous controller. Minimum activation rpm, maximum cutoff for
      nitrous rpm, rev limiter, progressive nitrous shot, etc. I've also
      got a buddy here at work that's a electronics freak. He and I have
      talked about a trigger for a 5 speed that would sense the stick
      position and keep the nitrous from activating if you miss the gear.
      It's questionable if we could get it to work but I plan to look into
      it a bit over the summer. I've also though you could add a redundant
      WOT switch to the clutch pedal arm to kill nitrous while you're
      shifting (provided you don't powershift). I too wonder about the
      constant on and off triggering of the nitrous. Well, it'll be awhile
      before decide to add the bottle.......need some naturally aspirated
      horsies first. ;) >>

Some good thoughts and may work out for you. If I can find that article on
the plate deal I post about it. I bought a Jacobs Master mind when I bought
the NOS but found it would not work properly on a Dak according to Jacobs
Tech support. There Retard gets over ridden by the computer according to them
and that was what I needed so I took it back and am now working with a MSD 6A
and Multi-Step retard but have now evaluated entirely yet.

Bill