Shift Kit -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Mon May 05 1997 - 23:51:44 EDT

William R Bell Jr wrote:

And last but not least, What kind of shift should I expect from this
kit, a neck breaking shift or a slight upgrade from the sloppy stock
shift? If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly
appreciated.

Rickey, I installed the TCI kit on my 93 and I used the "heavy duty"
setup (kit comes with two setups you can apply) which makes the shift
a little sharper, but not neck-snapping. If I get into it hard I can
bark the tires hard on the 1-2 shift and I actually had it bark one
time when I kicked it around 60 mph to pass a guy (OD down to 2nd).
REALLY surprised me at that speed . . . If you want it to snap your
neck then I'd go with the "Street Plus" as the TCI kit puts it. If
you're gonna be hauling kids, wife, or grandma around I'd stick with
the easier shifting of the two setups, however. Remember, if the
wife ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy. . .

- Rob Cobb 93 V8 LE 2wd swb auto.
s0042745@cedarville.edu