Re: Slow Day

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Tue May 06 1997 - 19:41:17 EDT

----------
> From: L. J. Morris <ljohn@alltel.net>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: Slow Day
> Date: Tuesday, May 06, 1997 03:55 PM
>
> That's nice Sam, but what's the point, other than the cost was $330.00?
>
> I am looking for some alternative sources for a prefabed system, i.e.
> tried, tested, and guaranteed

        I was trying to share an experience with you ($330 installed vs.
$290.00 and you install it)... My setup is tried, tested, and
guaranteed...
Plus it's a welded exhaust system; with no brackets to fall off, break,
etc.

        My setup has no crimps in it, and follows the stock exhaust path
perfectly (and uses the stock hangers). To me the Gibson exhaust
'note' was okay-dokay, but not much different than stock. A guy I know
with a '94 Dak, automatic got the Gibson exhaust because he could
'order' it, and slap it on. After about 6 months he felt it wasn't really
what
he wanted, so he went to Ed Hansen, and got a great setup for about
what he spent originally... Now he's happy that he has something that's
a little different than most (he did a 3" in, and 2- 2.5" out, that go
around
and dual out the rear to either side of his class IV hitch).

        So, just my $.02 worth... Take it easy! :)

        BTW: People wanting to dual out to either side... Listen to a
Dodge Viper with side pipes at idle... It sounds like an Audi.... Then
listen to Dodge Viper Coupe with the rear exhaust--- Sounds like a
MONSTER... The 1/2 sound is truly something to hear, it is weird,
but true--- you'd only hear 4 cyl. of a Dakota.... I was surprised when
my friend mentioned it....(while standing next to a Viper while it
was running...)

        Sam... '95 SLT