Re: Dakota: Body Lift

From: J B Cleary (bcleary@interlog.com)
Date: Wed May 07 1997 - 13:40:55 EDT

I have lifted my 89 Sport 4x4 with a 3" body lift from Rugged Trails that I
bought from Summit for $89.00 several years ago.
I don't think there is any difference between 4x2 and 4x4 when it comes to
a body lift as I believe they both have the body mount isolators in the
same positions.

My kit came with the 3" spacers, new bolts, transfer case shifter extension
bar, Auto Trans shifter extension (Braze in), Steering shaft extension and
a set of brackets to re-locate the front bumper. Took most of a day to put
it in as we had a hell of a time getting the old steering shaft out! Other
than that it went smooth.
BTW I'm running BFG 32x11.5's on American racing 8" rims and only have
minor scrubbing if I go over a bump with the steering locked to either
side.
Good Luck!!