Re: Slow Day

From: JLee861054@aol.com
Date: Wed May 07 1997 - 12:29:48 EDT

John; you say you are " looking for a little more rumble",
Here's what worked for me, I had a local muffler shop install
a Flowmaster muffler with a 3" outlet and a 3" tail pipe out the
side behind rear wheel. I've had lots of comments on
" how healthy" the truck sounds. It is factory stock execpt,
for the exhaust and a K&N air filter.

It truly is the best sounding exhaust system I have ever owned,
and the only one that would cause alarm systems on parked
cars to chrip as I drive by. I've even set off one or two alarms
when I was getting on it a little hard.

Note: when I orginially had the flowmaster installed, the muffler
shop made a bell shaped adapter and used the stock tailpipe.
It also sounded very healthy but a few months later I changed
the stock tailpipe to a 3" tailpipe looking for maximun performance.

I had more low end and got about 1/4 mile per gallon better mileage
with the stock tailpipe than I am currently getting with the 3" tailpipe.

If I ever have to replace the exhaust system, I will go with the
Flowmaster muffler and a 2-1/2" tailpipe.

Jack Lee JLee861054@aol.com
92 Dakota Ext. Cab 4X4 with 5.2 - V8