Re: Breather

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Wed May 07 1997 - 19:45:41 EDT

At 11:45 PM 5/6/97 -0400, you wrote:
>On the list I hear a lot of people talking about FIPK clone. I wonder what
>
>most of you are using. Today I bought a Mr. Gasket 14" chrome breather it
>came with a 14" x 2" paper filter. It is moving a lot of air judging by the
>sound.
>I plan to put a 14" x 3" K&N tomorrow if I can find one. A speed shop in
>Savannah has a 14" x 2 5/16" but the 3" will fit so I think I will go with
>it. I
>might have order it. Any feed back or spin would be appreciated. This is on
>96 Black Dak 318 auto 3.55 Richard zigzag2@worldnet.att.com

I went with an Edelbrock Signature Series 10" diameter chrome air cleaner
p/n 1208. I then emailed K&N at knfilters@aol.com and asked if they had
any 10" diameter filters between 2" and 3". I explained what I was doing
and within 24hrs. I got an email back listing approx. 10 different part
#'s with their respective heights (I can forward if anyone would like). I
decided on p/n E-1080 which is a stock replacement for an older Jeep
Wrangler. It's 10" x 2.25". This filter was listed in Jeg's so I figured
there wouldn't be any messin' around with special orders. The height works
perfect and the surface area easily exceeds the stock panel filter. BIG
improvement from this thing. You won't be disappointed.