Re: Greetings!!! ('97 buying advice)

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sun May 11 1997 - 12:49:59 EDT

>We (the '97 owners) have covered this topic not too long ago.
>Everyone is pretty happy with their '97. Chrysler seems to
>have done a lot of testing and tweaking before turning this Dakota
>loose on the world.

I had my few problems and once I got the service manager involved (who
happens to be a car freak) everything got taken care of.

>> I was planning on trading my '95 in for a '97, as I tend to trade in every
>> couple of years, but I've decided to wait for the '98's or possibly even
>> keep it as I'm partial to the original design.
>
>There are a couple of Shelby's for sale. Maybe one of those would
>work for you? ;^)

Yeah, maybe just an upgrade to a V8! I still love the previous body style
too; just happen to like mine better.

>> I can't answer your technical questions, but you've definitely come to the
>> right place for that. The rest of the guys on the list will answer all
your
>> questions and then some. They've been extremely helpful for me and I
>> appreciate it very much.
>
>Yeah, just don't ask that Meldrum guy about aftermarket air filters.
>He'll drool all over the place like a St. Bernard. ;^)

Is it *that* obvious......

>Seriously, it seems like the '97 owners are *very* interested in
>upgrading their trucks. With all of us out there looking for SBECs,
>exhaust upgrades, etc., we should have a pretty good database of mods
>available pretty soon. We're not just driving 'em, we're making 'em
>faster!! ;^)

I won't be happy till I'm regularly spankin' those pony cars!! ;^)