Re: Greetings!!!

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Mon May 12 1997 - 10:15:38 EDT

At 12:52 PM 5/12/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Rob;
>
>I'm not trying to start an argument, so maybe you can educate me. For the
>sake of this, lets say we are ordering a Dakota and want 5.2L, Auto. (reg.
>cab, 2wd)
<snip>

>===================='97 Dakota SLT+=====================
>
> L. John Morris<ljohn@alltel.net>
> !!!!! ... your local *HEMI* owner ...!!!!!
> White/Driftwood/CC/4x4/5.2L/5spd/3.92SG/FIPK clone

John:

I guess the magic words are 'options I wanted'. I spent a significant
amount of time working the numbers with my auto broker and the SLT came out
cheaper than a built-up Sport (or base model) by several hundreds of
dollars. Buying an option package is often cheaper than buying the options
individually. Also, I'm in Canada and the prices are different than in the
U.S. I bought at dealer cost (using CC's price list) plus the
auto-broker's commission.

What is different about mine? ... no power windows, door locks, overhead
consule, burglar alarm etc. I put my money into the machinery. You can
see it on Jon's page. The only thing I couldn't get was the payload option
which wasn't available at the time.

There is an additional benefit to the SLT, as the 'top of the line' model,
it will have a higher resale value.

Hope this helps.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com