Re: ?? Re Payload Package & Brake Sys.

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Mon May 12 1997 - 19:43:49 EDT

> I wish Dodge would drop the drums altogether and give us disks on
>all four corners...
>

> -Jon-

Unless you're autocrossin' Jon you probably wouldn't see the benefits of
rear discs. Such a large majority of the braking in done by the front
brakes (especially in a pickup) that the rears are only helpin' a bit. The
big benefit of rear discs is their ability to quickly actuate and release
(don't think I explained that right but that's the jist of it....always
been more concerned with going instead of stoppin' ;^) ) This is why you
see 'em in little sports cars and such.

Where you would see a huge improvement is a set of 12 or 13" cross drilled
rotors and some serious calipers ala BAER, BREMBO, WILWOOD, etc. You'd
probably need to uprade to at least 16" wheels though to clear the
calipers. Hey, how about swappin' in a set of 15" VIPER discs.......the
bolt pattern is the same ya know. ;^)