Re: Black and paint. Was: Greetings!!!

From: Norah Kiraly (janor@ican.net)
Date: Mon May 12 1997 - 19:09:04 EDT

>>>i got the 97 V-6 in black.. you may want o rethink the color.. black
>>>gets dirty very easily.. and i love my 97
>>>
>>Mine's black too and Stacy is right....it does get dirty easily....but,
>>when it's clean *nothin* looks better than black. It does tend to show
>

>Black, may be hard to keep clean, but it's easy to retouch. (black is
black, >outside of flat, satin or glossy). I'm sure you red truck owners
notice how >wonderful red oxydizes over time (bitch to color match). I've
had no such >troubles with my several year old car and truck (both black).
I'd rather wash >it frequently, than not be able to spot repair it.

>-Bob T.

I agree. Black may be hard to keep clean, but when it's clean - look out. A
clean, black Dakota with tinted windows looks sleek, fast and classy. My
previous Dakota was blue, looked great, but this one is definitely my
favorite. I've had many comments from strangers on it and I drive it with
pride!! It's well worth the little bit of extra work to keep it clean.

Norah Kiraly