Re: computer

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Tue May 13 1997 - 00:43:02 EDT

When the distributor died in my '92 I thought that it might be the SBEC so
put the stocker back on, it takes less than 5 minutes including getting
out the tools and putting them away. The dealer said that they had to
reset my stock SBEC with a new one, don't know what they did though. Put
the MP SBEC back on after I got it back, and it's run just fine for the
last 12,000 mi. Drove from Seattle to Co Springs and back last Christmas,
don't ask, and the truck ran just fine.

I get better mileage with the MP SBEC than the stocker and don't notice
any change when the "winter gas" starts being sold when the MP units in
place. The performance is also noticeably better.

Larry, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, MP SBEC, K&N clone