Re: Black and paint. Was: Greetings!!!

From: Bruce Bexte (bruceb@direct.ca)
Date: Tue May 13 1997 - 11:33:03 EDT

axeman wrote:

> Robert Tufts wrote:
> >
> > At 12:42 PM 5/11/97 -0400, Sean Meldrum wrote:
> > >At 08:38 AM 5/11/97 -0400, you wrote:
> > [...]
> > >>
> > >Mine's black too and Stacy is right....it does get dirty easily....but,
> > >when it's clean *nothin* looks better than black. It does tend to show
> >
> > Black, may be hard to keep clean, but it's easy to retouch. (black is black, outside of
> > flat, satin or glossy). I'm sure you red truck owners notice how wonderful red oxydizes
> > over time (bitch to color match). I've had no such troubles with my several year old car
> > and truck (both black). I'd rather wash it frequently, than not be able to spot repair it.
> >
> > -Bob T.
>
> AVOID BLACK AND MAROON PAINT ! I do agree that black has it's
> advantages, but I have been suffering for 7 years keeping my 90
> Jeep Cherokee clean due to it being black. Granted when shined up it's
> beautiful, in fact a was out las month and a lady asked how I liked the
> new Jeeps when I told her it was a 90 she couldn't believe it. So you
> see I went from Johny Cash ( black Jeep ) to Johny Flash (my 97 Dakota
> Sport is Bright Jade ) I love the new color and the black when shined !
>
> Now for the maroon paint. My brother in law has a 97 SLT Dakota maroon
> and is now at battle due to a piss poor paint job. The paint on his hood
> began chipping after only having it 2 months. So you see I'm not a fan
> of dark paint.

Hi guys to start with a would have to agree black looks great when its clean and waxed
but how much time do you want to spend washing your truck. My 87 Jimmy and my 88 T-bird
were black,lots of work even with repainting every three years. The bird only saw the
light of day in the summer on wednsday evenings and weekends. as for the maroon paint
troubles I was talkin to my sevice manager and his 97 dak is a maroon regular cab and
the paint sounds the same. his is going to be repainted by CC and just a note my 97 SLT
is also being repainted due to a shit load of dust that cant be buffed out.bye for now
Bruce!