Re: [changed header] To WillTier

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Wed May 14 1997 - 00:26:44 EDT

<< Don't be to scared of that GTX, >>

He already told me he run it through a clocked 1/4 on the road and that he
had a lot of spin problems. I ain't scared, I'll give it my best shot and if
he whips me I'll just sit in the corner and cry, then I pull myself together
and fix the weak link if there was one. I had a 69 Dart Swinger 340, 3.91 SG
and 4 Speed and used to eat them up regularly, except for one (long Story)
but he wrecked it before I could rematch..

<<was clocked through radar one time in the Hemi, the trooper said that
it quit registering somewhere around 148mph>>

I worked with a guy that had a 66 Belvidere Hemi 4 speed, but he had to get
married shortly after he got it and never took good care of it but I was
riding with him one day and he decided to blow it out, it was in dire need of
a tune up, and he had a set of gauges infront of the speedo. He got on it
about 50 and I leaned up and watched the speedo and read off the speed ( 80,
85 ,90, 95, 100......120) he let off and held it at 120 I said 120, 120, 120
he floored it and set me back into my seat at 120. Don't know what it run
speedo only went to 120 but it was haulin when it started breakin up. For the
shape it was in I was impressed. They are a awsome piece of machinery fer
shurrr..

I'll let you know if this guy ever shows up with the GTX and the results..

Bill