RE: Gibson Exhaust

From: Rickey Bell (Rickeybell@Bigfoot.Com)
Date: Sun May 18 1997 - 10:05:39 EDT

     I installed it yesterday. You are right, it was a bitch. I first put my oil change ramps in front of my rear tires and drove up on them. That gave me plenty of clearance. I borrowed a 5" grinder from my welder neighbor and cut the pipes in front of and behind the exhaust. In order to remove the hangers I squirted WD-40 I the holes are used a flat screwdriver to pry them off. I then installed the muffler and went from there. I did weld the last hangers instead of bolting them. That turned out to be the worst thing to do because of the frame undercoating. And last but not least I spot welded some chrome tips in place.

     The only thing I don't like is how close the pipe is to the spare tire. I hope it won't matter. And I forgot to mention that I drove it around the block without any muffler. I don't see how anyone can do that without getting a ticket.

Rickey