bed cover installed

From: Andy Callahan (quasideedle@uky.campus.mci.net)
Date: Mon May 19 1997 - 14:12:47 EDT

Hey guys,
This post is a little late coming--I just haven't taken the time to write it
untill now. About three weeks ago I received my bed cover. I ordered it
from California Concepts. It is a low-profile steel cover made by Gemtop
called the GT Classic. The cover is made of a triple laminated interlocking
steel and fiberglass composite with a top steel layer. This means that the
covers comes painted and clear coated instead of gel coated like the
fiberglass covers. It weighs about 75 pounds and was simple to install. It
took me about 30 minutes to attach the optional clamp-on hardware and about
another 15-20 minutes for my friend and I to fit and adjust the top. The
top comes with a lock designed to disable the top and the tailgate. With
the clamp-on hardware it is only necessary to drill two 3/32" holes in the
tailgate. I am *VERY* impressed with the cover and would recommend it to
anyone who is looking for a be cover. I know that alot of you, along with
myself, like the look of a flush-mount cover. However, this cover only sits
about 1/4" above the bed rails and really makes a nice, tight water seal.
If anyone wants more information on the cover let me know.

* Andy Callahan *
* BEIC Consultant *
* University of Kentucky *
* quasideedle@uky.campus.mci.net *