Re: Front clip

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Tue May 20 1997 - 15:50:33 EDT

>What year did the Dakota go to the rounded front-end (for V8 installation)??

Any '92 or later Magnum Dakota will have it. I can't say for sure whether
the '90 and '91 TBI V8s used the new nose. I don't _think_ so, but that's
because the new aero nose was hyped in the car mags as 'all-new for '92 '.
The pre-Magnum engines were a real squeeze. The integrated accessory drive
with the serpentine belt is all new for the Magnum engines.

>Will the later (rounded front) bolt up to the earlier frame/cab???

I would guess yes, though you might have to do some drilling. I think
the front fenders and certainly the hood is all different too.

Jim