Re: Front clip

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Tue May 20 1997 - 18:44:19 EDT

----------
> From: JT McBride <James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: Front clip
> Date: Tuesday, May 20, 1997 12:50 PM
>
> >What year did the Dakota go to the rounded front-end (for V8
installation)??

> Any '92 or later Magnum Dakota will have it. I can't say for sure whether
> the '90 and '91 TBI V8s used the new nose. I don't _think_ so, but that's
> because the new aero nose was hyped in the car mags as 'all-new for '92
'.
> The pre-Magnum engines were a real squeeze. The integrated accessory
drive
> with the serpentine belt is all new for the Magnum engines.
>
> >Will the later (rounded front) bolt up to the earlier frame/cab???
>
> I would guess yes, though you might have to do some drilling. I think
> the front fenders and certainly the hood is all different too.
>
> Jim

        The early '91 Dakotas had the aero rounded front end, but without flush
headlights. The late '91 Dakotas also had the aero rounded front end, but
with
flush lights (like the '92 through '96 models). The '91 was the first year
with a
V8, other than the Shelby a few years before. The '91 was a pre-Magnum V8
like the Shelby, and had a serp. belt, but different than a Magnum (the
magnum
doesn't have smog pump!).

        Sam '95 SLT