spark plugs with MSD -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Tue May 20 1997 - 18:04:26 EDT

JERRY S DALTON wrote:
I run Bosch plugs two steps colder since my truck mostly only sees
WOT. The MSD will create enough energy to fire a colder plug and it
will reduce the chance of pre-ignition.

Jerry, do you have any problems with the plugs fouling? I've heard
that running colder plugs will increase carbon and other things on
them and in the cylinders. Maybe just a rumor, though, but I did
hear it a while back from somebody (I don't think it was on this
list, though). Anyway, do ya have any info for me? I've got the MSD
unit as well as some other intake/exhaust items, and I have been
noticing some pinging under WOT (even with stock SBEC). I'm running
AC-Delco Rapidfires right now. Do ya figure I oughta go to a heat
range colder. I even got a 180 degree thermostat and it still didn't
help the pinging any.

- Rob Cobb 93 V8 LE 2wd swb auto.
s0042745@cedarville.edu