Cleaning factory air prefilter?

From: rlr (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Wed May 21 1997 - 09:10:19 EDT

My '95 318 came with a air prefilter from the factory. I just
changed the filter, but have no idea what to do to clean the prefilter.

  Once in a while I take it off and beat it around to knock the bugs,
weeds, and dirt off, but there's got to be a more thorough cleaning
routine. It's getting a little grungy due to the properly-working
PCV system.

  This factory prefilter does not get soaked with oil, like some
other aftermarket prefilters.

  None of the Dodge documentation that I own even refers to this
item (including the FSM).

  Anyone have any ideas or advice?

  Thanks,

  Ron